Logge dei Tiratori della lana, Gubbio | Info and Contacts on Artsupp
Logge dei Tiratori della lana
Logo : Logge dei Tiratori della lana

Logge dei Tiratori della lana

Gubbio, Italy


Logge dei Tiratori della lana

Gubbio, Italy

Logge dei Tiratori

The long building of the Logge dei Tiratori, equipped with a portico and bordered by the church of Santa Maria dei Laici, was originally the seat of the hospital of Santa Maria, erected in 1326 on the initiative of the homonymous brotherhood. In 1505 other city hospitals joined it. The building thus took the name of "Spedal Grande" and remained active until 1628. On its facade there is a fresco with the Madonna among the SS. Pietro e Paolo of 1473, attributed to a pupil of Nelli.
Already in the mid-fifteenth century, the Arte della Lana aimed to build, above the hospital, a covered room to "pull" the clothes (that is, to dry the fabric, stretched so as to make it assume a specific length and width) . The tiratoio was built, after countless disputes, only at the beginning of the century. XVII becoming one of the very rare examples of pre-industrial architecture.
Recently, the underlying conference room that belonged to the Banca dell'Umbria has been restored and is currently used as an exhibition space: The organization of events is entrusted to the CariPerugia Arte Foundation, an organizational and production-promotion structure created by the Cassa di Risparmio di Risparmio Foundation. Perugia in 2014 to strengthen the activity already carried out over the years in the fields of art and culture.
The Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation is engaged in a recovery project which also includes the opening of a local that will connect Piazza 40 Martiri with Piazza San Giovanni with the crossing of the Camignano stream via a pedestrian walkway.

Logge dei Tiratori della lana - 1
Logge dei Tiratori della lana - 2
Logge dei Tiratori della lana - 3
Logge dei Tiratori della lana - 4
Logge dei Tiratori della lana - 5


Fondazione CariPerugia
Logge dei Tiratori della lana

Piazza 40 Martiri
06024, Gubbio

Opening hours

    MON: Closed

    TUE: 15:30 - 18:30 

    WEN: 15:30 - 18:30 

    THU: 15:30 - 18:30 

    FRY: 15:30 - 18:30 

    SAT: 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:30 - 19:00

    SUN: 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:30 - 19:00

Palazzo Baldeschi


Palazzo Bonacquisti


Palazzo Lippi Alessandri


Casa di Sant'Ubaldo