Palazzo Bonacquisti is an important Renaissance building of the sixteenth century that overlooks the main square of Assisi, which belonged to the noble Bonacquisti lords of Panzo. In fact, the architrave of the portal bears the name of Galeazzo Filippo Pomponio Bonacquisti, who was one of the founders in 1554 of the Accademia del Monte, later the Properziana del Subasio Academy.
The historic residence admirably located in front of the Temple of Minerva and between Piazza del Comune, Via degli Archi, Via dei Macelli Vecchi and Via Volta Pinta was built on the area of the splendid Roman forum, now underground. Magnificent decorated ceilings and ancient walls came to light following restoration work.
The Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation purchased the building in 2007 and, after a targeted recovery and renovation, subsequently assigned it as a venue for exhibitions and cultural, congress and museum activities organized and managed by the CariPerugia Arte Foundation.
Piazza del Comune