The Museum of Palazzo Baldeschi, located in Corso Vannucci in the historic center of Perugia, is an ancient noble residence owned by the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation whose origins date back to the end of the fourteenth century and is characterized by a magnificent frescoed noble floor that usually it is reserved for important temporary exhibitions organized by the CariPerugia Arte Foundation which manages the palace and its activities.
The other four floors house prestigious art collections that the Foundation wanted to share with the city of Perugia and its visitors, creating a multidisciplinary space and a pole of attraction where art, in its various forms, is the absolute protagonist .
The rooms on the third and fourth floors of the building, which have recently undergone careful restoration work, house the historic collection of works of art of the Foundation which spans from 1400 to 1900 and which, including the various bequests that have embellished it over the years, it is made up of over 200 pieces including paintings, sculptures and drawings by prestigious artists, among which masters such as Perugino, Pinturicchio, Signorelli, Matteo da Gualdo and Niccolò di Liberatore, known as the Alunno, stand out. A monographic section is reserved for Gian Domenico Cerrini, painter between classicism and baroque, while for contemporary art, among others, Gerardo Dottori is present, one of the greatest interpreters of Futurism and master of air painting.
It consists of over seven hundred works, between the sixteenth and twentieth centuries, the precious and certainly original Alessandro Marabottini Collection set up with the works collected over a lifetime and donated to the Foundation by the Florentine collector, a long history teacher of art at the University of Perugia. The peculiarity of the exhibition itinerary lies in the fact that starting from the large entrance hall on the second floor of the building, the visitor is welcomed by the reconstruction of the noble residence inhabited by the Marabottins in Florence, whose rooms have been reproduced almost faithfully.
Finally, the Museum displays the Renaissance Majolica Collection of the Cassa di Risparmio di Perugia Foundation. Composed of about 150 pieces, it is a unique collection in the world for the quality and rarity of the works that compose it.
Corso Vannucci, 66
TUE: 16:00 - 19:30
WEN: 16:00 - 19:30
THU: 16:00 - 19:30
FRY: 16:00 - 19:30
SAT: 10:00 - 13:00 / 16:00 - 20:00
SUN: 10:00 - 13:00 / 16:00 - 20:00
For info and reservation:
075573460 (in orari di apertura museo)