The Santa Caterina Museum, open to the public in 2002, consists of the deconsecrated 14th century Church, which houses the frescoes of the Storie di Sant'Orsola by Tomaso da Modena (about 1355), the Medieval, Renaissance and Modern Art Gallery (Pinacoteca) and the Archaeological Section. In the archaeological section (inaugurated in 2007) are placed that document over 100,000 years of human activity in the Treviso area, from prehistoric times to Roman times.
The Pinacoteca, completely reorganized in 2018, allows you to enjoy art in an environment full of history but completely renovated in the exhibition. In perfect connection with the splendid pictorial cycles of the former Church. The itinerary moves from medieval frescoed testimonies to the eighteenth century, with a selection of about 150 works that underline the close interaction of the Museum with the territory, the collectors, the artists who worked in Treviso. In a context of great architectural merit, he admires masterpieces from the 13th to the 18th century, by artists such as Gentile da Fabriano, Giovanni Bellini, Cima da Conegliano, Lorenzo Lotto, Tiziano, Jacopo da Bassano, Paris Bordon, Rosalba Carriera, Francesco Guardi, Giandomenico Tiepolo.
Piazzetta Botter, 1
TUE 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00
WED 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00
THU 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00
FRI 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00
SAT 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00
SUN 9:00 - 12:30 / 14:30 - 18:00