The 577 / S lamp is the 1970s edition of a lamp designed by Aleksandr Rodchenko in 1925 for the Workers' Club of the Soviet Pavilion presented at the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifs et Industriels Modernes in Paris. In 1971, Gino Sarfatti, founder of Arteluce, after seeing sketches and drawings of lamps by the Russian constructivist from 1925, commissioned his designers to reproduce them. Thus, in 1974, the lamps Mod. 576, 577 and 577 / S were born. The 577 / S, in particular, is a suspension lamp characterized by a strongly geometric design given by the intersection of four plates of the same shape made of satin opal polymethylmethacrylate. As regards the aesthetic aspects of the lamp, we can certainly affirm that Rodchenko had a very precise idea of the conception of objects, which came from his adherence to the principles of Soviet constructivism, a dynamic conception of the object which, be synthetic, it must possess the requisites of transformability and adaptability to the collective environment.