TEMPORARILY NOT EXPOSED
In 1974 Carla Marzi donates to the Civic Museums a vast nucleus of works by Renato Marino Mazzacurati, an important author who left a significant mark in the history and culture of Reggio and its territory. After his beginnings in the 1920s in Rome alongside the protagonists of the Via Cavour School (Scipione, Raphael, Mafai), Mazzacurati begins going often to Gualtieri since 1928. A prolific and versatile author, from the 1940s he devotes himself to sculpture and recovers traditional artistic techniques such as mosaic and ceramics. After the Second World War he becomes famous for his monuments that celebrate resistance and victory over Nazi fascism.