The Museum of the Palazzo della Dogana dei Grani was built on a project. Biancardi Carmine built by the company of Gaetano Romano in 1883, Customs held its increased activity during the reign of the Bourbons especially for the disposal of cereals from Puglia, but also as home to the weekly market and annual fairs. From the '50s onwards, the spaces of the building have been used in a rather disparate: from the cinema to the bus depot, and finally to school. The structural adjustments due to the use they changed the original architectural structure. Since 1993, the Dogana dei Grani, a free loan current Superintendent BSAE, is a container used as a museum guard historic artifacts recovered on the territory following the 1980 earthquake in the action of protection designed to prevent the dispersion, the theft or deterioration of works of art. The museum houses temporarily called artifacts that over time are returned to their communities. The exhibition function of the museum is expressed in hosting exhibitions curated by the Superintendence, proposals by other institutions or individuals, which examined by the Management Committee, the body that guarantees cultural value of the event, play the character of temporariness.