The Convent of Santa Apollonia is located in the historic center of Florence and is considered one fourteenth-century Florentine medieval treasure box. The museum occupies part of the Benedictine monastery of St. Apollonia, founded in 1339 and enlarged in the fifteenth century. Around 1447, Andrea del Castagno painted the back wall of the refectory of the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, the Deposition and the Resurrection. The museum also displays a detached frescoes by Andrea del Castagno with their preparatory drawings and paintings by Paolo Schiavo and Blacks of Bicci, from the monastery. On the south wall of the room there is a Crucifix attributed to Baccio da Montelupoe along with other works from the former fifteenth-century monastery. In 1953, the detachment of the upper part of the frescoes has made possible the vision of sinopia, namely the preparatory drawings, which today can be seen on the opposite side of the room.