The Museum Of Natural History
The museum complex, born in 1867, is known in the scientific world for its four million specimens from all over the world. The Marquis Giacomo Doria had made collections in Persia and Sarawak and, given that the Municipality of Genoa had inherited two naturalistic collections, he proposed to donate his zoological materials to the Municipality as well as long as a Civic Museum of Natural History was established.
Its collections, of high scientific value, are mainly zoological, but there is no lack of botanical collections, minerals, rocks and fossils. Particular mention should be made of the ornithological collection, the collection of Mammals, the rich collections of insects and the hall dedicated to Paleontology.