CIVIC MUSEUMS OF PALAZZO PIANETTI
All’ interior of the building are set the Archaeological , the Gallery and Gallery of Contemporary Art .
Palazzo Pianetti, a significant example of eighteenth-century architecture, was commissioned by the noble family Shelves in halfà the‘ 700. The acquisì palace; l’ current appearance in the midà the next century, when it was restored on the occasion of the marriage of Vincenzo Shelves with a descendant of the prestigious Marches Azzolino family. In the following years, due to serious financial problems, the Pianetti family was forced to sell the’ entire building. In 1901, l’ Tesei building was purchased by the family, the last owners before the gradual and partial acquisition by the City of Jesi.
Since 1981, the main floor of Palazzo Pianettiè home of the Gallery . To characterize this plan are the famous Galleria degli Stucchi and rooms decorated with Stories of Aeneas, two of which house the famous works by Lorenzo Lotto. The original core of the collection comes from the works become the propertyà Municipal Decree thanks to Valerio, and later expanded through donations. The rooms on the second floor, completely decorated in period style, welcome since 2002 Gallery’ Contemporary Art whose works derive not only from acquisitions, including the award“ Rosa Papa Tamburi” designed from’ artist Jesi Orfeo Tamburi, and the exhibition of 1981“ The Wheel Lotto” thanks to which contemporary artists have reinterpreted the masterpieces of Lorenzo Lotto. Since 2017 the premises of the Palazzo Pianetti Stablesè set the Archaeological Museum that contains artefacts from the area, the Pasquarella-Spridgeon collection and a group of Roman statues.