Museum Of Furniture And Wooden Sculptures
Museum of furniture è formed by donations, bequests and l’ purchase, in 1908, the collection of Mora, a cabinet-makers family from Bergamo who, long ago in Milan, was a famous shop in Via Solferino. In the twentieth century the nucleusè expanded thanks to the’ legacyà of families like the Durini, the Andreani, the Woods and above all thanks to the loans of some furniture of the Savoy residences, such as the Royal Palace and the Villas of Milan and Monza, left the state and destined for public collections. The collection of furniture, set up by Study BBPR ( Banfi, Belgiojoso, Peressutti, Rogers) in the sixties of the twentieth century in chronological order that gives priority to a clear intent catalogatorio,è was reopened to the public with a new presentation in 1981. In this particular assembly attention was devoted to furniture età and Renaissance style, though often restored in’ nineteenth century. In 2004 the sectionè been rearranged completely under the direction of Claudio Salsi and by the architects Perry King and Santiago Miranda. On this occasion youè expanded the chronological border, opening our eyes to the contemporaneityà ;, offering an updated museum in a cityà like Milan, the design capital and in regions such as Lombardy, two hundred years protagonist of the furniture production.