Palazzo de' Rossi, Pistoia | Info and Contacts on Artsupp
Palazzo de' Rossi
Logo : Palazzo de' Rossi

Palazzo de' Rossi

Pistoia, Italy

Cover
Logo

Palazzo de' Rossi

Pistoia, Italy

Palazzo de' Rossi

Eighteenth-century building situated in the historic center of the city and recently restored, Palazzo de’ Rossi is the headquarters to the Fondazione Caript. A prestigious example of Tuscan architecture, it is characterized by interiors decorated with stuccoes and frescoes, a monumental staircase that connects the three floors of the building and a representation room located on the noble floor. The central part of the Palace was begun in 1749 on a design by Raffello Ulivi and was completed at the end of the 18th century with the addition of the south wing, designed by Salvatore Piccioli. The interior was completed in the first half of the nineteenth century with a substantial decorative uniformity. The vaulted ceilings were decorated with typical patterns of the early nineteenth century by the Pistoia painters Valiani, Fini and Bezzuoli. The Palace, thanks to the reorganization of the exhibition rooms on the ground floor, now becomes a center dedicated to the art of the twentieth century in Pistoia, a reference point for the knowledge of the various artistic generations that have taken place over the last century.

Palazzo de
Palazzo de
Palazzo de
Palazzo de
Palazzo de
Palazzo de

Contact

Fondazione Pistoia Musei
Palazzo de' Rossi

Via de’ Rossi, 26
51100, Pistoia

Opening hours

    MON 11:00 - 19:00

    TUE 11:00 - 19:00

    WED 11:00 - 19:00

    THU 11:00 - 19:00

    FRI 11:00 - 19:00

    SAT closed

    SUN closed

Palazzo Buontalenti

Pistoia

Antico Palazzo dei Vescovi

Pistoia

Fortezza di Santa Barbara

Pistoia

Museo Civico d'Arte Antica in Palazzo Comunale

Pistoia