Inaugurated in 2006 and 2009, Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana are the two contemporary art museums of the Pinault Collection in Venice. Characterised by an exceptional architecture, the two historic buildings were renovated by Japanese architect Tadao Ando to present major collective exhibitions and monographic shows.
Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana aim to share with the public the knowledge and love for contemporary art through the extraordinary Pinault Collection and to strengthen the privileged relationship the institution has developed with artists, especially thanks to works specifically conceived for its exhibition spaces. A policy of inclusion and accessibility is applied to all services and initiatives and a wide cultural proposal enable the institution to welcome a large and varied public. Since 2013, the Teatrino di Palazzo Grassi has been sustaining this cultural and artistic programme thanks to its rich calendar of events – conferences, concerts, screenings, workshops, masterclasses.
Built on the Grand Canal between 1748 and 1772 by architect Giorgio Massari, since its opening in 2006 Palazzo Grassi has presented numerous temporary exhibitions of contemporary art, including monographic shows dedicated to artists such as Luc Tuymans, Albert Oehlen, Damien Hirst, Sigmar Polke, Martial Raysse, Irving Penn, Rudolf Stingel and Urs Fischer.
Campo San Samuele
Museum open to the public for temporary exhibitions
MON 10:00 - 19:00
WED 10:00 - 19:00
THU 10:00 - 19:00
FRI 10:00 - 19:00
SAT 10:00 - 19:00
SUN 10:00 - 19:00