The Civic Museums have been housed since 1936 in the headquarters of Palazzo Mosca, former residence of one of the most important families of the Pesaro nobility. The legacy of a conspicuous part of the collections is due to the marquise Vittoria, an enlightened collector. Renewed in 2013, the "new" Civic Museums of Palazzo Mosca welcome the permanent collections, articulated in a chronological and emotional way, starting from the Bellini Room with the Coronation of the Virgin, the supreme example of the Italian Renaissance.
In the second room, the "Wunderkammer", ceramics and majolica are exhibited, documenting in particular the production of the Duchy of Urbino, together with the decorative arts, furnishings and sculptures. It continues with works of sacred and profane subject from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century, including the famous Fall of the Giants by Guido Reni (Hercolani-Rossini collection), and with still lifes of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, next to a spectacular display of floral majolica .
The Civic Museums host temporary exhibitions and are equipped with additional services such as wi-fi, multimedia supports for visiting the rooms and audio guide service in SMART mode from tablets and smartphones; in addition to the cafeteria and the conference room.
Piazza Mosca, 29
TUE 10:00 - 13:00
WED 10:00 - 13:00
THU 10:00 - 13:00
VEN 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:30 - 18:30
SAT 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:30 - 18:30
SUN 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:30 - 18:30