The Provincial Archaeological Museum of Salerno, was established in 1927 and housed since 1964 in the historical complex of St. Benedict. It includes a rich documentation of the province of Salerno from prehistory to late antiquity. The route starts from Lapidary occupying open spaces in front of the entrance to the museum and the viridarium, where an exhibition of statues, reliefs and figured honorary bases coming mostly from the Roman and Salerno came to light since the seventeenth century; continue inside the lower floor, with an exposure, chronological and topographical entire Salerno area, integrated with new sites and artefacts recovered in deposits from old excavations and donations since 1928. The prehistoric section includes materials both Paleolithic and Neolithic coming from the caves of Polla, Pertosa, Palinuro, Molpa and Caprioli, both dell'Eneolitico, from the area of Fratte, the oldest settlement in the municipality of Salerno. The Iron Age is documented by Villanovan finds (IX-VIII century BC), from Pontecagnano and Sala Consilina. The culture of interment like that of Oliveto-Cairano in Salerno is witnessed by sepulchral kits eighth to sixth centuries BC, while the so-called "Orientalizing", characterized by a geometric decoration pottery, witnessed by dell'Arenòsola finds the mouth of the Sele. Following the exposure of the greek period, documenting the culture and exchanges between magnogreci centers of the Tyrrhenian and Ionian. To enrich the male and female costumes from various Salernitano sites are a collection of necklaces and other jewelry in amber, accompanied by ivory and glass paste, with vague or conformed to female heads of Silenus, the fifth and fourth century. C., such as the numerous belts Samnite and the beautiful bronze helmets of various ages. The upper floor houses the materials coming from the city of Salerno, ideally referring back to the section of Lapidary from take-off in the sixth century. B.C. the ancient center of Fratte, a suburb NE of Salerno, to the V-VI d. C., the late ancient phase of Roman Salernum founded as a colony in 194 BC funerary objects are on display from the marine strip: lamps, vases and grave slabs covering a period that reaches up to the fourth century A.D. and a beautiful bronze head of Apollo, found in the waters of the Gulf of Salerno in 1930, became a symbol of the Provincial Museums of Salerno. Complete the exhibition a rich numismatic collection.