Situated in Piazza Cavour, the Museum of Bettona is housed in the Palazzo del Podestà and in the Palazzo Biancalana. The first building was built in 1371, during the reconstruction of the town initiated by Cardinal Albornoz, the second building was a noble residence built in the Neoclassical style. The museum collection is closely linked to local history and includes two sections.
The archaeological section displays Etruscan and Roman finds which testifies the origin of the territory. Among the most important works there is the magnificent Aphrodite marble head of the mid-imperial age. The picture gallery is housed on the first floor of the Palazzo Biancalana and in the 13th century Palazzo del Podestà where, among numerous painting, the Virgin of Mercy by Perugino is located.
Piazza Cavour, 3
October - March
FRI - SUN 10:30 - 13:00 / 14:30 - 17:00
Open 8th December, closed 25th December and 1st January
April - September
TUE - SUN 10:30 - 13:00 / 15:00 - 18:00