Palazzo Pallavicini, Bologna | Info and Contacts on Artsupp
Palazzo Pallavicini
Logo : Palazzo Pallavicini

Palazzo Pallavicini

Bologna, Italy

Cover
Logo

Palazzo Pallavicini

Bologna, Italy

Palazzo Pallavicini


Pallavicini Palace was built on the tradition of the Bolognese Fifteenth century, when under the Bentivoglio dominion it belonged to the Sala family (1493) then in time was owned by the Volta, the Marsili and the Isolani counts, who in 1680 renovated it “in the senatorial architecture” They entrusted, the architect, Paolo Canali with the task, who projected and built the monumental staircase and the hall with a lantern shape ceiling, the highest of the city, whereas in 1690 the halls were embellished with Giovanni Antonio Burrini’s paintings.
In Burrini hall which was lit to celebrate the evening of march 26, 1770, the fourteen year-old Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, guest of the Count Marshal with his father, performed in the presence of seventy ladies and of the European high aristocracy: the count Giuseppe of Kaunitz Rittber and princes of Holstein and of Saxen Gotha, guests of Pallavicini as well, attended the concert together with the bolognese nobility and religious leaders.
 
The Mozart family was his guest on several occasions: in march in Via San Felice, during the summer in Villa della Croce del Biacco and again, in autumn, in the city palace where the antiphons Cibavit eos, Quaerite primum regnum Dei and in all probability the minuet in E flat major k 94 were created.

Mozart could meet the renowned masters of European music: Mislivecek, Vanhalle, Farinelli, the musicologist Charles Burney (“I met the young famous German… in Prince Pallavicini’s palace”) and in particular Padre Martini, and his stay in via San Felice renovateed the city musical taste. “In Pallavicini… on the terrace there were several musicians playing delightful symphonies” (M.Oretti)

Palazzo Pallavicini - 1
Palazzo Pallavicini - 2
Palazzo Pallavicini - 3
Palazzo Pallavicini - 4
Palazzo Pallavicini - 5

Contact

Palazzo Pallavicini

Via San Felice, 24
40122, Bologna

Opening hours

    MON closed

    TUE 11:00 - 20:00

    WEN 11:00 - 20:00

    THU 11:00 - 20:00

    FRY 11:00 - 20:00

    SAT 11:00 - 20:00

    SUN 11:00 - 20:00

Santa Maria della Vita

Bologna

Palazzo Fava - Palazzo delle Esposizioni

Bologna

Palazzo Pepoli - Museo della Storia di Bologna

Bologna

Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna

Bologna