The Museum of Contemporary Art of Genoa, inaugurated in 1985, is located in Villa Croce, a nineteenth-century neoclassical building, donated to the Municipality by the Croce family in 1952 to be transformed into a museum, inside a park overlooking the waterfront in the Genoa trade fair area. On the ground floor, decorated in tempera in the typical eclectic taste of the end of the 19th century, there are public reception services: reception, bookshop, conference room and specialized library. The first floor is dedicated to temporary exhibitions; the second floor has mixed display functions for the collections and temporary exhibitions. The Museum of Villa Croce carries out an annual program of temporary exhibitions mainly aimed at contemporary research in the strict sense and forays into the neighboring territories of music, cinema, theater, literature. These initiatives are accompanied on the one hand by historical exhibitions, dedicated to characters, movements, situations, which have profoundly marked the evolution of artistic research and on the other projects aimed at promoting the artistic research of emerging artists. The permanent collection (to date around 5000 works) preserves, alongside the historical nuclei (the abstract art collection Maria Cernuschi Ghiringhelli, works by Genoese and Ligurian artists), works, often site specific acquired on the occasion of the exhibitions produced over the years . Inside the museum there is a specialized library open to the public with over 25,000 publications including books, exhibition catalogs, magazines.