In the thirteenth century at the border between Molise and Puglia, between gentle hills and mighty rivers, Richard of Pietravalle became the lord of a place that takeà its name from a famous physical defect:“&rdquo ;. Gambatesa In the heart of the ancient village of Gambatesa, characterized by narrow streets and scenic alleys, stands an imposing castle, once military fortress, then transformed, in the sixteenth century, in an elegant mansion of noble family from Capua.Il Castello di Capua preserves within itself a rich paintings complete and well preserved, performed by Donato Decumbertino, artist lavor memorize options probably in’ scope of the Vasari, in’ year 1550. In the halls of the main floor, the representations of historical events and mythological stories are intertwined with an acute symbology; allegories and metaphors chasing each other and are connected in contiguità in the different environments of the manor. These paintings are considered among the più important and comprehensive in the Kingdom of Naples in Cinquecento.Al second floor, a large lounge with monumental fireplace opens on rooms that now house works from the Eliseo collection. On the ground floor there is a conference room open to the activitiesà of the territory.