National Gallery Of Umbria
One of the main collections d’ art d’ Italy ,è housed on the upper floors of the Palazzo dei Priori Perugia , the town right from’ medieval times and significant example of Gothic civil architecture. On June 4, 1863 the museum was separated from’ Academy to become civic art gallery, named after one of the greatest artistic glories of the cityà ;, Pietro Vannucci said Perugino. Ten years più ; Later l’ entire collection was moved to the Palazzo dei Priori.
In 1918 pass memorize options State and he assumed the name of Regia Galleria Vannucci, which later became Galleria Nazionale dell’ Umbria . Over the years, l’ entire complex of Palazzo dei Prioriè It was moreù Sometimes affected by restructuring and functional adaptation works. The museum, which opened in the current form in 2006, occupies an area of 4000 square meters on two floors. The collection, arranged in chronological order,è rich in important works of the Medieval and Renaissance due to artists such as Arnolfo di Cambio, Nicola and Giovanni Pisano, Duccio, Gentile da Fabriano, Beato Angelico, Benozzo Gozzoli, Boccati Giovanni and Piero della Francesca, which preserves the great altarpiece of San Antonio with the famous Annunciation on the coping. Particular attentionè dedicated to Umbrian artists Benedetto Bonfigli, Bartolomeo Caporali, Fiorenzo Lorenzo, Perugino, Pinturicchio and their students and followers.
Some sections issues are reserved to’ goldsmiths, to the incisions made of ivory and wood, the traditional“ tablecloths perugine ” and the topography of the cityà Perugia. The path is completed with valuable wit- pictorial nianze ranging from the seventeenth century all’ nineteenth century, due to Orazio Gentileschi , Valentin de Boulogne , Pietro da Cortona, Sassoferrato, Francesco Trevisani, Sebastiano Conca, Pierre Subleyras, Corrado Giaquinto, Jean-Baptiste Wicar. the musuem also include a’ equipped conference room, a’ classroom and the wide room Podiani, used for temporary exhibitions, concerts and shows.