The Mauriziano Palace
The sixteenth-century triumphal arch, perhaps built by Horace Malaguzzi, introduces a tree-lined boulevard leading to the Mauritian: despite the restructuring of the '600 -' 700 palace maintains the structure that connects him to the Renaissance villa .
the internal pictorial decoration, datable after 1567, affected dell’ influence of Nicol memorize options; dell’ Abate in "Camerino Poets" are depicted ancient and modern painters, and scenes from the "Decameron"; in "Camerino of’ Ariosto", according to tradition study of the poet allude paints reason vedutistico the villa with garden.
In’ last room, a tribute to Horace Malaguzziè It depicts the story of Horatius Codes, while the frescoes of the hall, dating back to '700, narrate stories of the family.
Since 1522, according to the fashion of the "antique gardens", were placed in the garden various Latin inscriptions found Nearby, now stored at Palace Museum of Reggio Emilia. The Municipality of Reggio Emilia acquisterà the Mauritian Malaguzzi by the family in 1863.
Ludovico Ariosto spent the Mauritian l’ childhood, and there BACK memorize options often: he maintained relations with the maternal family of Malaguzzi, and remembered with pleasure those places, as in satire IV:« Your Mauric&IUML; an increasingly yearn for the beautiful room, the Rhone near, by the Naiad loved shady seat» ;.
Sull’ entrance of the building there is a bust of the poet.