Museo Del Tricolore
The Italian national flag was born in Reggio Emilia on January 7, 1797. That day the representatives of the four citiesà Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna and Ferrara proclaimed the tricolor green, white and red as a sign of Cispadana Republic. The historic meeting took place to’ interior of the town hall in the large hall built between 1772 and 1787 to a design by Lodovico Bolognini to accommodate the’ general store the Duchy of Este. The hall was later called Congress Hall and then Sala del Tricolore andè now the Council Comunale.Il Museo del Tricolore opened in 2004 to document the historical and political context in whichè It was created the flag. At the first section all’ Napoleonic era è in 2006 added a second section refers to the facts risorgimentali.Nel 2017, during a general overhaul of the routes and the definition of a new entrance,è opened a section on the contemporaneityà that welcomed new laboratory space and l’ important core of the project works Ninety artists for a flag, exhibition-workshop where the theme of the flag opens to the comparison with the contemporaneityà and creatives dell’ inspiration.