House Atelier Ludovico Pogliaghi
Casa Museo Lodovico Pogliaghi is the house-atelier of the Milanese artist (Milan, 1857 - Santa Maria del Monte, 1950) who discovered the beauty of the Sacro Monte in 1885 on the occasion of the restoration of some chapels along the avenue. After purchasing a cottage, in the surrounding land he began the construction of his residence in whose interior rooms alternate different styles: the red room inspired by the Venetian salons, the exedra of marbles imitating the Pantheon and the gilded gallery with oriental influences. The artist's masterpiece is the central door of the Milan Cathedral, whose original scale plaster model is scenically displayed in the atelier.
The villa is completed by the Italian garden of the parterre and the park on the lower level with centuries-old trees from which you can admire the gilded mosaic pediment.
Since 2014, after twenty years of closure, the House Museum has been open to the public again, whose vast collection - more than 1500 works including paintings, sculptures and applied arts and about 580 archaeological objects - testifies to the artist's passion for collecting.