Carlo Goldonis House
“ Je suis néÀ Venise, l’ n 1707, dans une grande et belle maison, situé and entre le pont de Nomboli et celui de honest Donna, au coin de rue of Ca’ Centanni, sur le paroisse de S. Thomas” [I was born in Venice, in 1707, in a large and beautiful house, situated between the bridge of Nomboli and that of the honest woman, all’&rsquo Ca corner of the street; Centanni, in the parish of San Tomà]&Cos igrave; l’ octogenarian Carlo Goldoni, now in Paris for twenty-five years old, remembers his home in Venice, at the opening of the Mé moires.
< strong> Ca’ Centani , or Centanni, best known as the “ House of Carlo Goldoni” was built in the fifteenth century. It is a typical Gothic palace not too large, but that has still today, despite several restructuring, l’ plant and the typical elements of’ Venetian civil architecture from the late fourteenth and l’ debut the fifteenth century.
Propertiesà the Rizzi family (on this pit in the courtyard you can memorize options see carved a hedgehog that stands in’ teaches family), the building was rented to Zentani or Centani, from which he took the future name also hosts a flourishing artistic and literary Academy. Towards the end of the’ 600 it settled downì the paternal grandfather of Carlo Goldoni, Carlo Alessandro, from Modena notary. The Goldoni family remained in this house, where Charles was born February 25, 1707, until 1719.
In 1914 Aldo Ravà, distinguished scholar of the’ 700 Venetian, the Count Piero Foscari and Commendatore Antonio Pellegrini bought the building from’ last owner, Countess Ida Manassero Camozzo. L’ idea was to turn it into a museum to be dedicated in the name of the great playwright, in all the’ Italian drama, but the project stopped memorize options because of the war. In 1931, Ca’ Centani was donated to the City Council in order thaté was restored and designed to Museum Goldonian and Center Theater Studies. The new war slowed the restoration, only completed in 1953, when the Carlo Goldoni House it was opened to the public.