Inhabited by Mocenigo until recently, the building retains the first noble floor frescoes and tasteful furnishings Rococo memorize options or neo ù dating courtsey; the second halfà of the eighteenth century. Of particular note the frescoes on the ceilings made in 1787 for the wedding of his nephew Alvise IV with Laura Corner, such as Jacopo Guarana (Verona, 1720– Venice, 1808), Giambattista Canal (Venice, 1745– 1825) and John Scajaro (fl. Second halfà sec. XVIII). Also notable doors in walnut and carved and gilded wood
In 1985, after significant restoration work, l’ Mocenigo apartment was opened to the public as a museum, without losing the charm and l’ atmosphere the home lived. In the same year was established Mocenigo  palace; History Studies Center of the fabric and Costume (now Center for the Textile History Studies, the Costume and Fragrance), hosting the large textile collections and antique clothing of the Civic Museums– coming mainly from the collections Correr, the Guggenheim, Cini, Fats – and a specialized library, always open, which features the’ important collection of more than 13,000 sketches from‘ 700 to‘ 900.
The museum's location, completely renovated and expanded in 2013, winds twenty rooms on the first noble floor, doubling the exhibition areas open in 1985. L’ environment as a whole evokes different aspects of life and activityà the Venetian aristocracy in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, andè populated by mannequins wearing precious clothes and antique accessories belonging to the Textile Study Center and delCostume. Fashion and costume, with particular reference to history of the cityà ;, thus characterize immediately research and’ activityà exhibition of the museum, in the environmental context of the noble palace of Mocenigo.