The Civic Museum
The Museum today consists of Civic Museum of Archeology and Ethnology and Museo Civico d’ art ,è born in 1871 as a unitary museum since 1886 and is headquartered in Palace Museum.
Its founder and first director Carlo Boni cre memorize options a museum characterized by a’à ;, apparent heterogeneity result, instead of a coherent plan designed to“ accept and retain everything that could be of interest to the’&rdquo ;. entire population Subsequent directors, Arsenio Crespellani and Luigi Alberto Gandini, they continued the’ work with important heritage extensions.
L’ nineteenth-century originsè It has been enhanced in’ current exhibition appearance of the museum dates back to 1991, which remains substantially intact the furniture of the nineteenth century and recovers a museological testimony of absolute importance in the Italian and European level.
The birth of the city museum was promoted and shared by an enlightened bourgeoisie which, in the years immediately following all’ unità the country, wanted to prevent the dispersion of archaeological, historical and artistic local and deposit memorize options in museum ;, through bequests and donations, the memory of sé and of his age.
Through relationships with the world of the great international exhibitions and nascent European museums of decorative arts, the museum has developed in the decades following its educational vocation by creating technical repertoires, shapes and patterns of più various types of materials.