Villa Rosa, a Liberty-style building designed and built by architect Nicolò Campora around 1905, commissioned by Monsignor Giuseppe Bertolotti, prominent personalities of Savona at the beginning of the century, today houses the Altarese Glass Art Museum.
The variety of decorative floral motifs characterizes the rooms and fixed furnishings of the villa, which houses the collection of glass artifacts from the seventeenth century. Nowadays, as well as tools for craftsmanship. The collection bears witness to the wealth and well-being achieved by the Altare area thanks to the production and marketing of glass. The glassmaking art, mastered by the masters of Altare and exported to Europe (Bernardo Perotto, glassmaker of the Sun King, came from Altare) and in the world (many Altarese will move to South America in the nineteenth century starting glass manufacturing).
The Museum houses the Specialized Glass Library and in the gardens of Villa Rosa a demonstration furnace is installed for the production of blown glass.